These are some methods that still work today. It’s tough out there. Lots of competition. Here is what works:
- Ignore the MLS. There is such a shortage of properties that anything that makes the MLS will be overbid by novice investors.
- Door knock notice of trustee sales,- That is when reality sets in. notice of foreclosure does not seem to click in.
- Use a mailing list to send letters. (try to use something that everyone else is not using. I am researching the various lists and it seems like each list has something good but no list has everything.) So pick as many as you can afford.
- Try to get bird dogs to help you. The more people who are out there looking for you, the more successful you will be.
- Follow up and follow up until they either lose it or sell it. It’s amazing how people lose touch with reality and become ostriches. You have to keep out them. Remember you are really acting in their best interests. Ignoring the bank never works.
This is a post created by Phyllis Rockower in 2017 but is still relevant. Her son, attorney, and real estate investor, William Bronchick, is continuing her blog as per her wishes and continue to educate real estate investors.